Urban Technique

123 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ben Lashley In Bone Grafting

Thought I would share a case i thought was successful but wanted critique. I have only posted problem cases to this point. 68 year old male presented with failed bridge maxillary posterior. Extractions left severe defect with minimal bone. Titanium reinforced PTFE membrane with allograft mixed with PRF and covered with more PRF membranes. Uncovered at 6 months showing psuedo periosteum. Implants placed, another 5 months and healing abutments placed. I considered another FGG on buccal but opted to restore due to 2mm of attached gingiva. Would anyone have prefered the FGG in this case? Thanks as always.

Ben Lashley

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Urban Technique

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

Not really an Urban technique (Sausage with stretch of collagen membrane over graft), this is OLD School GBR ala Buser circa 1989. Beautiful Bone work here. YES< for sure for me this is an FGG or a large split thickness from palate and apically repositioned flap to labial sutured to periosteum to manage KT and vestibule depth. regards Dr. Salama

Versah
DoWell Dental Products