Upper lateral incisor implant with bone resorption

24 Rating(s).

Posted on By Dr. Abraham Hernandez In Implants

27 yo female patient presents to the office referred from her orthodontist looking for a crown replacement for her implant, which has been placed 4 years ago. After clinical examination I decided to ask for a CBCT for better assessment of the case.

The implant has no mobility whatsoever. There was minor bleeding after proving. As you can se, she also has a high smile and thin biotype.

CBCT revealed loss of bone inter proximally and in the facial aspect, nevertheless she doesn't have a huge soft tissue loss... And of course the implant angulation could have been a lot better. Canine pulp is vital, so I believe that the apical radiolucency is related to orthodontic treatment

So this is my question to you all based on your experience and expertise, what would be the best way to procede with this case?
a) CTG and Bone graft (in that order)
b) Only CTG
c) Be more aggressive and remove the implant, guided bone regeneration perhaps a block bone graft, soft tissue graft and a new implant

Thank you for your kindness and your valuable input

High smile
Lip retraction

Bucal aspect
2D xray

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Upper lateral incisor implant with bone resorption

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

C. Remove and Replace after grafting.
Dr. Salama

Ritter
BTI