Two contiguous SS...will the papilla grow?

119 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Anterior/Esthetic

A case of two contiguous implants with little papilla in between at the starting point. We don´t want to loose any mm. So "C" shape was done on both SS.
See the perfect preservation of buccal plate, on the most difficult place of the aesthetic zone, the canine area.
There was left a space in between the screwed bridge to make room for the future papilla: will it grow?
I´ll keep you posted
Regards
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Two contiguous SS...will the papilla grow?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Jorge,
since socket shields (C shaped!), we have to revisit Tarnow's rules and add SS to SS. It¨s not only about implant shoulder/gingiva margin, it is about relation gingiva margin to the shields, but implant position, interimplant distance, iner- abutment distance are contributors. My guess: single crowns with concave, smooth abutment profiles and you get it.

Warmly

Snjezana

Snjezana : you are right. We have to redefine Tarnow's bone/papilla rules. We have more factors to predict the papilla presence. Originally there was not much papilla. But...will fill the space between crowns?
Regards and thanks for your opinions.
Jorge

Very interesting? Why did the papilla shrink in the first place? regards Mo

Jorge. GREAT CASE! I think you will get your papilla, but it appears the restoration isn't passively seated. I believe individual crowns help avoid this problem.
Mo it appears most of the papilla loss is a result of tissue growth from the palate after palatal root segment removal. A leveling processs. Best regards to all. Chuck

BTI
Dentalxp