Treatment planning questions on anterior case

83 Rating(s).

Posted on By Kirk Simmonds In Anterior/Esthetic

31 y/o male presents with broken #8 with adjacent implant in #7 site. Side note, Patient has been in flipper for several years with broken # 8 and has been happy with flipper so far.

My initial plan is to do and immediate implant and wait for healing phase while patient is in his flipper(not pictured). After healing period place a temporary to form the gingiva, then place final crown.

My concerns are :
1. Patient has a medium smile line.
2. Adjacent implant in #7 site

Any suggestions on how to best form the gingiva in between implants to have a favorable esthetic outcome?

Also: Would a cantilever be a better option than placing another implant?

Thank you for your help and input!

Missing #8
PA #8

CBCT
CBCT
Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Treatment planning questions on anterior case

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

In my hands, this would be a PET, Socket Shield on #8. It would be best at managing the inter-implant papilla and also the labial contour of the socket. Good luck Dr. Salama

Would you immediately temporize the case or place a cover screw and let the gingiva heal over it before temporizing? It seems that if I immediately temporize it, where #8 is broken off, I am concerned that the zenith of the two centrals will not be at the same height. I am just wondering if it would be best to let the tissue grow coronally first.

Thank you!

BioHorizons
Henry Schein