Treatment plan

62 Rating(s).

Posted on By ashok gowda In Orthodontics

Hi dear colleagues, I request to share your treatment plan for this case.

14 yrs old male patient. His lower right 2nd premolar is impacted, and Its root formation is almost complete . Deciduous molar is retained. PAN shows good amount of bone in the furcation area of deciduous molar. Planning ortho for remaining teeth. How do you manage this case. Regards. Ashok

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Treatment plan

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Not enough information provided.

Maurice, how do you bring this impacted lower right premolar in to occlusion? if i extract that retained deciduous molar will the impacted premolar errupts ? Or should we have to make use of ortho to pull it out.

Please supply more orthodontic detail-photos etc thanks

Thanks Barry. I don't have any clinical pics yet. Referred case by another dentist. I will document clinical pics shortly. Regards.

CBCT would give bucco-lingual position and direction of the tooth.
If favorable, my approach would be to extract the primary tooth and remove some of the interradicular bone to create channel of eruption.When2/3 of the root is formed, extraction of the primary tooth usually accelerates the eruption of the corresponding permanent.
Place space maintainer on the bottom, bond buccal wire on 3 upper corresponding teeth to prevent supra-eruption.Wait 6 to 9 months and reevaluate. If spontanuous eruption is slow, expose and tract.

Thanks Laurent. Make sense. Iam planning in the same direction . Regards.

Omnia
Dentalxp