Treating buccal Type II defect using Khoury technique under Dr. Gluckman’s mentorship

6 Rating(s).

Posted on By Tye Thompson In Bone Grafting

I recently had the opportunity to learn from Dr. Howie Gluckman. On the 3rd day of the course I had the privilege to treat a live patient utilizing the techniques learned. I was teamed up with Dr. George Yzaguirre and we treated a wonderful patient using the Khoury bone plate technique under Dr. Gluckman’s mentorship. The patient (who was in his 20s) had lost 9 and 10 in a bar fight and as a result had a buccal type II defect. Fantastic learning experience! A 8 X 15mm block from ramus was harvested and split . Additional autogenous bone was harvested from ramus using safe scraper. The 2 plates were fixated using two 8mm screws in each plate. Plates were smoothed. The additional autogenous graft was placed under the plates. FTMPF with wide base and periosteal release to obtain 1y closure utilizing 6-0 nylon sutures.
Fantastic opportunity to learn from the Xpert Dr. Gluckman.

harvesting bone
splitting plates

plates fixed
graft placed

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Treating buccal Type II defect using Khoury technique under Dr. Gluckman’s mentorship

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Congratulations very nice surgery. Please let me know which course is that and when is the next available session ?
Best regards
Salim

The Implant and Aesthetic Academy

Advanced Implantology Course
29 – 30 November & 1 December 2018

https://implantacademy.co.za/product/advanced-implantology-course-4-6-january-2018-copy/?v=7516fd43adaa

Tye. firstly think you so much for the kind words. secondly I have to say that your quality of work is world class and Having seen some of it I can comment. the case you and George did was excellent. the patient is very lucky to have had this work with you and the patient is going to get an excellent result. well done to you both.

Dr. Gluckman, to hear that from you is quite the honor. Thank you. I hold you in such high regard. You are a masterful clinician, artist and teacher. Simply stated you are "The Man!"I guess i should say Superman! I will continue to aim high in pursuit of clinical excellence. Thanks again for the inspiring words Dr. Gluckman
a.k.a. Superman.

Those guidelines additionally worked to become a good way to
recognize that other people online have the identical fervor like mine to grasp great deal more around this condition. Just look out the site for more about me https://www.dentisttreetx.com

here are Post Op photos.

great result Tye. will you be involved in the placement of the implants

I hope so. I will talk to Joel this weekend at the course and see. Joel and Dr. Lindsay invited me to be an adjunct faculty member of the implant know how group. I am excited about the opportunity.

3Shape
PET Kit