TMD

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Keri-Lee Derksen Derksen In Patient/Consumer Inquiries

Hi I am a 40 year old female. I have had my left articilar disc anteriorly subluxed and morphologically abnormal for the past 5 years. This condition is getting worse and is now affecting my right disc. I was wondering if any one had any advice as to treatment for this condition. I have a night guard for protection against clenching and grinding. More recently my jaw has locked opened, eventually unlocking. I think this is due to degenerative bony changes. My dentist said I am stage 3 possibly 4. Are there any suggestions as what to do in my situation.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on TMD

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

My suggestion is to get additional opinions from dentists or dental schools that have special emphasis in TMJ. Depending on your location we may be able to suggest some referrals but most dental schools have a professor who teaches the subject and you can get expert opinions from him or her.

Brasseler
Nobel Biocare