Thin ridge expanded with Densah Burs

59 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Armamentarium

A woman on the 60 with only a canine wants a full fixed denture. 6 implants distributed between mentonian emergency conducts.
On the anterior zone, there was a 3.5mm width ridge.
I used Densah burs to expand the zone and later, the collected bone from all sockets where used for veneer grafting. PRF and 6.0 sutures.
Regards
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Thin ridge expanded with Densah Burs

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

18 Comments

final pics with the veneer bone grafting

Clever, Jorge. Bone expansion with Densah, bone collection using biological drilling - best service for the patient.
Congratulations!
Snjezana

Thanks Snjezana. The idea was to drill normally on the 4 posterior implants and recover the bone to reutilize as a Veneer graft.
Regards
Jorge

Excelente Jorge ! Cuánto tiempo dejas sumergidos los implantes ? Y qué tipo de prótesis lleva la paciente transitoriamente ? Gracias saludos Eduardo !

Hi Jorge, beautiful expansion in the mandibular bone, great case. Day by day you are becoming a magician !!!, lol. Regards, Ashok

Jorge. Outstanding case management. Could you please explain your expansion process while extracting bone at the same time. Best wishes. Chuck

Chuck, I´m not a magician....;-)
I extracted bone with normal drill at low speed. I used Versah drill only on anterior zone. A pilot drill and after the V1525...
The implant is 3.5mm
Bone plasticity allowed such expansion without fenestration, fortunatelly.
Regards
Jorge

Ashok, lol!!
Don´t flatter me, ha ha...
Jorge

NIcolás.Hola, los dejo 3 meses. El tipo de prótesis es una completa, pues la paciente no quería gastar nada más...
Un saludo,
Jorge

Jorge, what type of bone you had here? The versah drill ability of expand highly depend on bone quality and some eventual occlusal cut and/or vestibular to enhance the burs expanding ability. Great surgery, as usual, my friend. All the best. Armando

Hi Armando, bone density was 2 or 3.
I didn´t make the crestal corticotomy to help. But could have been a good idea.
It worked well due to the bone plasticity, as you know. NO miracles, just the technology of the Versah.
Thanks for your comments
Jorge

Totally agree with Armando....

Thanks Dr. S
Jorge

Totally agree with Armando....

Jorge,

Today is only thursday- early poetry! Its seems like you had high insertion torque- did you consider attaching a few to the denture for interim prosthesis ?

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard. Early poetry! You´re right...
Yes I thought about immediate load but the patient didn´t want to invest more money...Could have been done perfectly.

Such is life!
Regards
Jorge

Excelente caso Jorge !! Mis felicitaciones !!

Gracias Eduardo!
Un abrazo.
Jorge

Hu-Friedy
Ritter