Teeth retention

142 Rating(s).

Posted on By marc nacar In Orthodontics

15 years old female patient presenting 18 retained or impacted teeth and some amelogenesis imperfecta on 1st molars.
The patient came to our office after her general dentist extracted all remaining deciduous teeth 1 month ago.
How shall we face this case: wait for teeth to erupt or tract? All roots are formed. To what syndrome could this be linked?

Panoramic before extractions e extractions
Come beam

Come beam
Impaction level

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Teeth retention

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

Expose and tract teeth as they have enough apical root development. Not sure about any syndrome? Dr. Salama

Thank you Maurice. We will indeed proceed with traction after exposing. We hope teeth will follow the expected course.

I thing that there is any sindrome.
There is an impacted teeth, probabily some teeth must be estracted before at the appropiate age. The Rx at the just time show certainly the apical maturation of the definitive teeth, it is the just time to remove the milk tooth.In the last period in my practive often happned this situation (with few teeth), but i dont have an esplanation
Dr Lotta Padova

360 Imaging
Ritter