Surgical socket preservation, E shape pontic design

390 Rating(s).

Posted on By snjezana pohl In Anterior/Esthetic

Both central incisors were hopeless. Socket Type 1: pontic shield, Xenograft, FCTG. Socket Type 2: IDR. Prosthodontics: Magdalena Miletic Matesic, XP member - E shape design (learned on XP:)) Situation 8 months after the treatment is finished.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Surgical socket preservation, E shape pontic design

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

20 Comments

I can only SMILE at this case and skill/knowledge base. Really great work. What type of ST graft did you use over pontic shield? Was the shield C shaped? Where did you harvest additional CTG to seal PS site? Thanks for sharing. Dr. S

Thank you, dr. Salama, I`m more than happy for making you smiling.
Shield was C-shaped, socket is filled with Xenograft. I noticed pontic shield movement if the socket is not grafted. CTG could be easily harvested from the same tuber, just by splitting the great tissue towards palatal.

Best regards

Snjezana

Snjezana, excellent!!!
Also merit to prostho!
Please can you post some pics of the temporary bridge/s
Super case and super outcome.
What we have to remark here is that you made a good diagnosis of each socket and the best treatment option for each, as seen on the results.
Thanks for posting
Jorge

Dear Jorge,
Magdalena is my dearest prosthodontics, XP member. I wish more of my colleagues would work like Magdalena.
I`ll ask her for the pics.
You summarized very good - it`s nothing about the skills, but selecting the best treatment option.

Thank you, Jorge

Snjezana

Nice preservation :) Was the IDR socket grafted with xenograft as well? How was the bone part of your IDR graft kept in position?

Thanks, Naheed. No Xenograft for IDR socket, just IDR. Tuberosity bone was easily wedged into the socket, it has a really nice handling.
See you in New York?
Best regards
Snjezana

Beautiful case and execution! Gregory

Thank you so much Gregory!
Best regards
Snjezana

Snjezana

Nice work- Beautiful result - Few questions being that you could perform pontic S and IDR - consider implant and cantilever or implant both ? with IDR rebuild buccal ? Consider implants being that you are restoring anterior six and have ability to control zeniths? Did you bond palatal of crowns? What are crowns made of ? Milled?

Cheers,

Richard

My dear Richard,

The bridge is a milled zirconium frame with a layered ceramic. Sorry, not idea about bonding, I have to ask Magdalena.
We haven`t placed implants for the both centrals because it would make more costs.

Cheers

Snjezana

When you harvest both bone attached to soft tissue from tuberosity how do you close donor site? Dr. S

Dr. Salama, thank you for coming back to this case.
I haven`t registered any issue with a wound closure after harvesting bone/soft tissue graft from tuberosity. The soft tissue from both sites collapse and the wound can be closed primary.
Just in one case there was a residual defect and I put PRF and covered with PRF membranes. The patient came after one month and didn`t mention any discomfort in the donor area.
The inserts from the cases are attached.
Best regards
Snjezana

It was a huge defect after removal of failed implants (removed with finger). The case is done two months ago, I`ll post it as soon as patient comes back.

Huge defect in mandibula. Rather big combined tuberosity graft.

PRF to fill and cover the residual defect.

Hi Snjezana;
Fabulous esthetic result. I always have to let the surgeons comment on the other parts of the case.
Regards,
gerald

Aside: I will not be able to be in NYC August 12 as I have a previous event :(

Dear Gerald, I`m really sorry that you are not coming to NY.
Thank you for your kind words - I wish more of my prosthodontics colleagues would develop as nice as Magdalena.
I act like you - I always read your comments to restorative cases and learn from them.
Best regards
Snjezana

PET Kit
3Shape