Surgical Management of the Central-Lateral Dilemma

161 Rating(s).

Posted on By Maurice Salama In Soft Tissue Enhancement

Patient presents in her late 20's with significant esthetic dilemma with papilla loss and ridge collapse. Combination Autologous Bone Graft followed by single Implant in Central Incisor region and Soft Tissue from Tuberosity to add vertical height in papilla space. A case in progress. Other thoughts? Dr. Salama

Central Lateral Dilemma
PA of resorption of teeth

Preop CBCT after extraction of these teeth by other office
Autologous bone plate

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Surgical Management of the Central-Lateral Dilemma

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

2 weeks healing after uncovering and additional Soft Tissue Graft

2 weeks
2 weeks

PA radiographs

PA preop
PA post op with resin bonded bridge

Preop and Post images....

Preop
After Bone & Tissue Grafting with Essix Retainer

Superb Maurice, The more autogenous I do the more I like it. Beautiful management, I think I would have done the same. 1 implant and pontic. I can see some tacks, did you do GBR as well? Regards

I would add palatal roll to add palatal, buccal and vertical thickness prior to restorative stage. Gregory

Great planning and brilliant execution!
It doesn`t get any better than this.
How do you plan implant uncovering? In a few cases like this one it gave me a hard time to get rid of marginal frenulum insertion.
Thank you for sharing!
Best regards
Snjezana

Snjezana; Yes, removal of frenum and muscles is often overlooked in regenerative surgery. We will utilize DFCTG from Tuberosity for Pontic site and Palatal pedicle roll for Implant site.....Thnx Maurice

Thanks for all the good comments here. Keep it going. Snjezana, hiw would you do your 2ns stage uncovering. Regards

Maurice, tuberosity for the lateral and PCTG for the central incisor sounds very good! Do you plan afterword vestibuloplasty or in the same procedure?
It is going to be an another show case from you and Atlanta team!
Meanwhile I utilize for almost all cases in maxilla the buccal sliding palatal flap. This way the vestibulum is not flattened, mucogingival junction and frenulum insertion are not displaced (at least Implant placement with GBR (CTG also) plus guided soft tissue augmentation plus buccal sliding palatal flap gives very nice results. The procedure is predictable if fixed provisional teeth protect the augmented area.

Best regards

Snjezana

Related Posts

424 Rating(s)
555 Rating(s)

Brasseler
Dentalxp