Sunrays Cuts Technique

177 Rating(s).

Posted on By cobi landsberg In Soft Tissue Enhancement

The technique usually combines dual incision designs:

1.External 4-5 short (1-2 mm) “cuts” placed around the tissue sleeve (“sunrays cuts”) and reach deep to the implant head.
2.Inner horizontal cuts (sometimes a complete circular cut) done 2-3 mm submarginally to a depth of 1-2 mm.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Sunrays Cuts Technique

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Interesting and innovative trick. Thank you for posting.

thanks (:

Very Cool Technique. It appears to be an option to developing the ST contour over time with addition of composite. I guess a drawback would be that your contour must be correct so that the buccal gingival heigth ends up at the correct level with the adjacent tooth. Did you have a learning curve on this? Thanks!!

Thanks Terry,
Your comments are precise.
The steps are as follows (consider as suggestions...) :
1. prepare transitional with "final" ST profiles.
2.do the SCT.
3.place the transitional with light pressure and see where it stops.
4. Reduce (narrow) the ST contours of the crown so eventually only gentle stresses to the tissues will remain upon full sitting of the crown on the implant.
5.Add composite in 2-4 consecutive sessions till you get the desired final contours.

All in all- the main aim of the SCT is to reduce amount of ST component removals... (we know its good for the tissues..).
It also increases tissue height more predictably.

Please consider that the SCT is good only when you get to the point where you got plenty of tissues around the healing abutment. Otherwise you might need flaps etc...

Thanks Cobi for the trick!!
Jorge

With pleasure my friend. I suggest you read my comment to Terry above..

Related Posts

PET Kit
Dentalxp