Staged Placement after GBR, Guided and Optical Technologies

270 Rating(s).

Posted on By Maurice Salama In Digital Scanning & CAD/CAM

Staged Placement after GBR, Guided and Optical Technologies utilized for efficient management of the case. 360 imaging guide, Ritter implants and scan bodies used immediately, 3 Shape intra-oral scan and sent to lab via modem. Thoughts? Future? Dr. Salama

3 Shape Optical scan
Preop after GBR healing

360 imaging guide
Guided Ritter implants with scan bodies

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Staged Placement after GBR, Guided and Optical Technologies

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

14 Comments

http://www.dentalxp.com/video/reverse-engineering-optical-scan-1142509.aspx

Scan bodies Ritter
3 shape Optical scan

Nice case! I see you recently started using Ritter implants, any reason? Gregory

Gregory; Nice system, grade 5 titanium (so stronger) Tapered with good thread sharpness and pitch for initial stability, SLA microgeometry and internal hex (BH, Zimmer, etc.) with platform switch capability. Additionally, scan bodies can be used immediately and also used as temp cylinders as they are made of PEEK. They work with preferred labs and the restorative can be sent out same day. All this for a competitive price. regards Dr. Salama

Good paralelism between implants! Thinking for your prosthodontist to work easier and better. Very nice. Miguel

Thanks Miguel...planned for prosthetics in mind!! With these scan bodies I can REALLY help my restorative colleagues by taking the intra-oral scans on surgical day and sending out for temps or finals. regards Dr. S

Great workflow Maurice, you mention if this is our future, I would say it's our present or our very near future.

I love the way you use a surgical guide, I think it's the way to go. Flapless surgery without 3d planning and a guide is not predictable, but with a guide it becomes an incredible tool to minimise healing periods, morbidity, and as in your case, to be able to take a virtual impression the same day.

This is an outstanding service to your patient, and you are offering state of the art surgery+restoration.

Do you use simplant software?

Thanks

Andoni; Yes, Materialise Simplant and 360 imaging plus 3 shape scanner and Ritter Implant Scan bodies. The future is here indeed. regards Dr. Salama

Great case and management Mo!
Very elegant, and looks like future!
Really must move to digital workflow soon!
Jorge.

Maurice, great result and implant insertion accuracy. As Scott Ganz used to say ' it is not the scan it is the plan', I am wondering about the prosthetic plan behind the surgery : new technology do allow integrated project in advance with very predictable accuracy. Thanks for showing a piece of future. Armando

Beautiful case Maurice!
I think if you add an in office 3-D printer with open software and affordable trx costs, we see the possible future trx protocols .

Yiannis

Armnado and Yiannis; I completely agree. The 3D Printer is coming in a few weeks....regards Maurice

Mo,

Fantastic- Scan Plan Print- Maan!

Cheers,

Richard

Richard; so easy even a CAVEMAN can do it!! Haha

Maurice,
Indeed the future. Wonderful technique.

I have considered adding a digital scanner to my workflow. A practice management issue I see from a referral prospective may cause some friction, if you can imagine the following scenario:

A trios scan is sent to lab by surgeon: Prosthetics prepared and sent to referring GP for insertion; the doctor or patient is not happy with the restoration.

I imagine at least some referral doctors will prefer to take their own impression and handle prosthetics. Your referral base may appreciate the time saved on each case, but have you found some doctors "territorial" when it comes to surgeons involved with prosthetics?

What has your experience been?

Regards
Michael

3Shape