soft tissue dehiscence

56 Rating(s).

Posted on By tural ismayilov In Failures

hi, everybody,
I want to discuss with u about this failures.
this patient present soft tissue dehiscence around the implant and stability of implant is ok.what kind of surgery have you preferred to me?
my option to remove the implant and put a new one in the right position.

best regards

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on soft tissue dehiscence

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

Need more information. Radiograph or CBCT to analyze implant position and bone in 3D. 2 choices, Remove and replace implant or apically repositioned flap from palate to move KT to buccal aspect. Dr. Salama

Dear Maurice Salam

thank u for helpful.
I have only these pictures.

Hello Dr. Tural,

It looks like the implant was placed well above the bone level from the CTscan. That makes a very hard challenge for the soft tissue to inoculate together biologically. In my opinion is to remove the implant and redo the placement with external/ internal sinus lift. If implant is osseointegrated then that becomes an issue as it is more invasive to try to remove it. May be put it under close monitoring knowing that we already started with a disadvantage that rough surface of implant is already exposed, leading to accumulation of bacteria.

Best,
Michel

Versah
360 Imaging