Socket shield simply better

207 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Anterior/Esthetic

Another socket shield case that simply shows its benefit and its superiority of any other case. No bone no soft tissue no membranes. Just a good understanding of the biology.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket shield simply better

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

16 Comments

Look a the socket health and the lack of internal shield exposure. This is the ultimate in shield management. adjacent an implant where you can see slight collapse of the facial tissue. The thick morphotype and the good implant position in the lateral incisor help the aesthetics a lot.

Howie, did you leave interproximal shield too? Gregory

Not at all. I go line angle to line angle. I have never needed more. I find it increases the risk of shield exposure

Howie, truly the biology rules here.
Your shield design avoids any exposure. The case is outstanding. Some day will be the standard! We´re pushing for that.
Regards and congratulations.
Jorge

totally agreee. this will be the standard of care soon

There is no other way to keep this tiny inter-implant bone. Master work, Howie!
Cheers
Snjezana

thanks Sjnez

Howie; Awesome skills and great adaption of PET concepts here. As it will become an big issue for diacussion at JTI next week in Madrid, why do you not use a L-shaped shield to include the interproximal area (especially and most importantly when 2 implants are consecutive like Joe Kan published a few years back) and if you do not, why? Thanks my friend and nice talking to you today. Establishing strict criteris first regarding PET is imperative, otherwise it beomes the "wild wild west" and open to criticism from our peers. regards Mo

MO I have never used a L-shaped shield and I have always managed to maintain the interpret bone on many occasions so I don't see the need for this at all. The shield only needs to be from line angle to line angle. this seems to be adequate. to include the medial or distal not only reduces the space for the implant but also increases the risk of complication.

Howie,

just fleecy- few questions- tell me if you used tissue graft in addition and did you immediately load- you know I love the prosthetics.......

Cheers,

Richard

Rich no soft tissue at all. everything you see there is Au natural. And no I didn't load in this case but I always place a custom abutment at the time so the soft tissue development is done with the abutment which is then treated like a crown in this case

Dear Howie excellent approach and outcome. When we found cases like this, when an implant is in position and the biological width and emergence profile is rigth and decide to do another surgery approach, in my case, I am afraid to insert implant in other depth different. Maurice talked about L- shaped and remember an old Joseph Kanarticle about lateral socket shield to preserve the papilla height. Maintain the lateral shield maybe preserve the papilla... what is your opinion? Best regards and a pity to don’t see you at JTI. But don’t worry I’ll see you at dentalxp in February

thanks Alberto I would so love to be with my friends at JTI. but unfortunately it is not to be this year. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE L shaped or 360 shield at all. I have experience that the inter proximal bone is maintained with only the c shaped shield extending slightly into the inter proximal area. As this case clearly shows. I want as much bone around the implant as possible without the shield in the way. Just join case

Beautiful case. All the benefits of SS along with the platform switch and a more ideal apical-coronal position of the implant in comparison to the other- A good example of when all dimensions of the biology are working together.

totally my friend

Howie. Beyond awesome result! Anyone who can deny this treatment modality is better off "fighting windmills".

360 Imaging
3Shape