Socket Shield plus osseodensified DFBA

82 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

Open Flap SS was practiced today with the particularity of Bone Osseodensification with Densah Burs.
Torque insertion was more than 50 Nw.
Final socket clossure was done by palatal pedicled flap rotation.
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket Shield plus osseodensified DFBA

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

More pics

Final comparisson

Jorge; Nice approach, one we discussed in May. It appears you are now keeping more of the shield as it wraps along the line angles? Is this a new approach you like? Thanks for sharing. Mo

Yes Mo.
As you sugested on may at Madrid JTI, we´re now doing the Open flap protocol to level the shield to the bone.
And extending the shield to mesial and distal, the interproximal bone is also benefiting from the proximal PDL.
Thanks and hope to see you at Dentalxp Meeting at Fort Lauderdale.
Regards.
Jorge.

Nice presentation Jorge.
Is it your preference not to place a healing abutment on these type of cases?

Anton, sometimes I use a customized healling abutment, and sometimes I prefer to submerge the implant, depending on the provisional and situation of the implant, aesthetics...and so on.
In this case a fixed bridge was cemented over this SS, so the pontic relates with this rotated flap.
Regards.
Jorge

Hi Jorge. Very nice! I just did a similar case with similar protocol this morning. IMO this is a solid technique. I also try to extend the shield to the line angles. Of course every case seems to be a little different and requires study. I will post my case soon as I can organize the images. I believe we are making progress. I look forward to seeing you in Florida. Be well my friend. Chuck

Chuck, this is begining to be something VERY predictable to work with. I´m glad you´re on the same trail! Yes, I´m atending the Dentalxp meeting at Ft. Lauderdale.
Regards,
Jorge

Hu-Friedy
360 Imaging