Socket shield, Osseodensification and autografting in complete maxillary and mandibular reconstruction

207 Rating(s).

Posted on By Wahib Moussa In Implants

Hello All
A male patient age 45, living in Italy, presented for complete reconstruction, examination revealed attrition, certain degree of habitual bruxism and periodontal disease ,with mobility in some teeth.
Treatment plan was: scaling , extraction of teeth in both arches , insertion of 10 implant in each jaw , use of Densah burs especially in molar sites to insert implant in the septal bone , socket shield technique in none mobile teeth with no infection, auto grafting , construction of acrylic temporary.
On some selected abutments , patient will return in five months for final restoration, nightguard stent will be delivered at the final restoration stage to guard against bruxism.
Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

1- Preoperative , planning.
2- Densah burs , socket shield implant in septal bone in upper molar.

3- Autografting
4- Preoperative for lower ,Implants in location with socket shields.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket shield, Osseodensification and autografting in complete maxillary and mandibular reconstruction

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

True PET all the way...a few comments. Why not flap to insure reduction of shield to appropriate levels....and why not hold a few teeth to support a tooth born GUIDE for implant placement. Great post. Dr. Salama

Dear Dr.Salama ,It is always a pleasure to receive your valuable and great comments ,Thank you very much .I definitely agree for both points .As for the flap it was done in the lower arch,regarding the digital guide ,time limitation was the problem,patient had four days from arrival to departure.
Thank you again ,with my best regards.
Wahib

Very much complicated procedure but happy to know that your case is gone smoothly. Thank you.

Kathleen, Thank you very much for your comment, Allow me to have a different opinion from yours, actually the procedure done was a usual, simple straight forward procedure which was conducted successfully on two successive days. Patient is extremely satisfied and happy. Best regards. Wahib

This case depicts several concepts in contemporary implant Dentistry. The experienced dental professional will truly appreciate the amount of work involved in execution of this treatment. For those of us who have performed several PET cases, we appreciate the technique sensitivity required to negotiate individual variations in root position, angulation and tilt as one proceeds around the arch. It is inspiring to see my former professor of Prosthodontics still going strong after 50 years of academia and private practice.

Dear Hisham,So nice to see your lovely,informative comment.
Thank you very much ,with my best regards.
Wahib

Bravo on case management and handling. No doubt on individual skill and knowledge needed here. Bravo again. Dr. Salama

Thanks a lot Dr Maurice for your great words,
Best regards .
Wahib

Related Posts

207 Rating(s)

BTI
BioHorizons