Socket Shield Open Flap results at 3 months

136 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

See post related about the case on the bottom, as pics on response.
On this mucogingival phase we did a AAF, leaving bone uncover, and we had the oportunity of checking the results of the SS and the Oseodensification with Densah Burs.
After 3 weeks we´re on the prosthetic phase, with impressions and maxila/mandible relations.
What I can underline is the excellent bone profile for the future of this case. You can see the sharp ridge she had on extractions sites, due to SS and the oseodensification bone looks good to mantain tissues.
An orthodox way to treat this case would have leaved to a total lose of buccal bone, facing a shure mid term disaster.
Ideas, thoughts are well received!
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket Shield Open Flap results at 3 months

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Nice case! If you showed me this case 10 years ago I would call it "insane". But you are Great Innovator! My compliments! Did you flap a full thickness flap when you left the bone exposed? Gregory

Mark the same happend to me 5 years ago when I first read the Hürzeler´s "proof of principle"...ha, ha.
We all now see that SS preserves bone and vascularization on the maxilla and mandible better than any filling-gap material.
Yes I did a full thickness flap with vestible profundization.
You can see SS and implants on the pics and later are covered by gingiva.
Thanks for comenting and regards.
Jorge

Jorge,
excellent ideas and phantastic work done.
I'm very interested about your opinion over the ability of densah drill to better maintain bone profile : whatdo you think about it?
Sure PET is a great advance for simplification and predictable procedure.
Great sharing.
Armando

Hi Armando, PET ideas are biologically sound. And we´re testing thru the years with good results worldwide.
Think about RST and , lately SS.
Now we have the oportunity to do something even better when there is no tooth to do PET and we want to prepare a surgical socket for our implant. The osseodensification improves local site. It is the last technology and concept. One day our normal drills will be forbidden!
Am I clear?
Regards,
Jorge

Jorge; Do you remember when we spoke last year about the OPEN SS approach.....we continue to BUILD on the premises that started with SRT. warm regards my friend Mo

Yes Mo, I remember and allways mention that this idea that you sugested at JTI 2O15 was really the key to get , as I say, SS 2.0
That means as SS treatment without any posible complication, a safer, precise and secure SS.
See you at Dentalxp meeting.
Regards my friend.
Jorge

Jorge. Excellent case management! COMPREHENSIVE BONE PRESERVATION is the future. Bone Police motto " TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE ". Open Flap is best for precise evaluation and case management. Now we need to figure out how to manage less than ideal circumstances when present.GREAT CASE. Thank you for sharing.see you soon. Chuck

Ha, ha. Chuck , I like the motto, is perfect for these situations...
I think we´re finally on track: we now understand why bone resorbs...after 15 years of immediate implant placement...
Late better than ever!
See you soon
Jorge

Beatiful case Jorge as always. Really appreciate you taking the time to share all these cases with us.
Do you think osseodensfication will prevent furure facial bone resorption on the non SS implant? Would the 2mm rule change? I dont really think so but then again till 1 year ago I thought SS is too controversial and now I utilise it whenever I Can...:))

Yiannis

Thanks for your kind words Yiannis.
Yes, SS is the gold standard of bone care now. I truly believe that osseodensification is the future. There is some histologycall studies that will show that one mm. is enough to preserve tissues and will be published soon. Another paradigm 2mm , that changes.
Thanks for commenting.
Are you going to atend Dentalxp meeting?
I will.
Regards.

Jorge

DoWell Dental Products
Omnia