Socket shield and Khoury block for adjacent implant sites

123 Rating(s).

Posted on By snjezana pohl In Implants

After his first visit in 2013 this patient disappeared and came back with extracted central incisor. Apical process involved the tissue palatal to the # 7 root. Socket shield was prepared on #7, and sinus window bone plate was utilized for the horizontal ridge augmentation #8. Autogenous bone particles were harvested from the same donor area.
Four months after the first surgery implants were placed.
Patient and referral dentist didn`t like the idea to place one implant for the central incisor with a pontic for the lateral incisor.

Impression for the definitive prosthetics is taken few days ago.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket shield and Khoury block for adjacent implant sites

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Thank you, Snjezana - SPECTACULAR!

Thank you so much!
Snjezana

Only question is why implant in lateral position? I think you could have had even better papilla fill with one implant rather than 2? See you soon. regards Dr. S

Agree, central - lateral solution... The question is already answered in case description: referral dentist and patient (his parents, actually) didn't like the idea.
It's not the first time that referral dentists insisted on placement of two implants.
See you soon
Best regards
Snjezana

Thank you for sharing this.

It`s my pleasure, thank you!
Best regards
Snjezana

Good solution Snjezana, and treatment options where the correct IMHO. As usual...you did a superb job.
Regards
Jorge
(gooooood luck at NY!)

Nice, Jorge, I`m glad that you agree with the treatment.
And I am just a cheerleader in NY:))
Cheers
Snjezana

3Shape
Hu-Friedy