Socket shield and custom emergence profile

121 Rating(s).

Posted on By yiannis vergoullis In Implants

This is a case we did a while back and published at the JAICD (June 2017). Socket shield was performed and a custom emergence profile was selected, developed and replicated with the VPI Cervico system/concept. One year follow up shows hard and soft tissue stability.

Ioannis

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket shield and custom emergence profile

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

12 Comments

Great result and tissue thickness and contour. What was the reason for the buccal fenestration in the bone on the labial at placement. How did you manage the shield? Also, do prep shield down to crest of bone level? Thanks for sharing. Dr. S

Thank you Maurice!
Upon apical curettage I felt the fenestration, thus why I flapped the case. Upon defect cleaning and apical portion of facial root removal, the fenstration got bigger :(

Defect treated with FDBA mixed with tetracycline (4:1) and collagen membrane over facial plate.

2/3 of shiled was intact and stable, so I finished the case with PET protocol.

I always leave shield level with crestal bone to avoid exposures.
It has been working great for me so far and tissue loss is unoticable in my eyes.

Ioannis

Ioannis, excellent case. From surgery to , specially, prosthesis due to the VPI system. I´m willing to use soon!
Regards
Jorge

Beautiful case, Yiannis, very nice managed.
Back from vacation I`ve done individual healing abutments with VPI on six implants in two days. Even in the hands of OS it was easy to perform. Since I`ve done OD protocol the impression for definitive prosthetics is scheduled in two months - looking forward to post the cases on Forum in two months!
Thank you!
Warmly
Snjezana

Thank you Jorge and Snjezana, can't wait to see you working with the system. That being said, our system is just a tool making some steps easier and faster; the basic principles of surgery and prosthetic rehabilitation remain the same and must be followed.

Yian,

Very nice concept and application- do you know if avail in states yet- also can you adapt these with a scan body?

Cheers,

Richard

Baron Grutter developed the same concept. You can buy stl. file from him at blueskybio Facebook page. Gregory

Hi Richard, Thank you!
Not yet available in the States but very soon. Yes we are working on the scan bodies and it works great with customisation of the scan body or not. I see an advantage of customising the scan body when multiple implants are scanned in order to avoid tissue collapse and increase your available working time.

Great case Yiannis..
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you Lucia. It is my pleasure. I have learned a lot in dentalXP and I am trying to contribute within this community the most I can. I wish everybody within this community can appreciate and keep intact the quality and ethics of this great forum/community.

NovaBone
KLS Martin