Socket shield, Autografting in non invasive approach for maxillary implants

24 Rating(s).

Posted on By Wahib Moussa In Implants

Hello All
Patient presented age 50 with periodontal disease , marked bone loss in both maxillary and mandibular arch , treatment plan was extraction , socket preservation for suitable sites autografting and insertion of 8 implants in a flapless procedure to have a non invasive maxillary approach .
Case was performed , patient will have a flexible removable maxillary denture for minimal hours of use .
Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

1-Maxillary arch showing exposed roots, bad oral hygiene and missing teeth.
2- Preoperative CBCT , treatment plan.

3- Socket shield in upper cuspids, extraction performed, parallel pin in two sites.
4- Implant inserted was guiding pins and healing screws .

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket shield, Autografting in non invasive approach for maxillary implants

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Wahib; Nice case management. Please always lead with your BEST image first that tells the "story" of your post and CROP. Then add the REST....it provides more info for those browsing.
thanks Dr. S

Thank you very much Dr. Salama for your kind comment ,and also for the valuable advice regarding posting cases, which will be definitely considered in future cases. Best regards & thanks. Wahib

Hi Wahib,

Do you intend to leave the shields exposed, and if so, what is the reason?

And was immediate load considered?

Thanks for sharing

Dear Andoni….Thank you for your comment, I leave the enamel shield partially exposed to
Evaluate its status after healing as part of a study, proper level can be adjusted after healing.
As for immediate loading ,it was quite possible but
was not a priority for this patient ,accordingly was
not Applied.
Best regards and thanks. Wahib

I`ve seen the title and I knew immediately it´s from Wahib Moussa.
Very nice, combination of PET and autograft.
I have the same questions like Andoni. I think that SS reduced to the bone level would allow the soft tissue to grow over, close the space.
Thank you for sharing, best regards
Snjezana

Dear Snjezana…..Very happy and proud of your lovely comment, Thanks a lot. I definitely agree With your opinion but, would like to evaluate the healing prognosis of soft tissue in relation to exposed shield .As I have explained to Andoni as part of a study. With my best regards and thanks. Wahib

Nice case dr. Wahib. Thank you for all your suggestion.

Dr Joanne
Thank you very much for you kind comment.
Best regards .wahib

Nobel Biocare
Augma Bio