Sinus Lift, lateral and crestal on one patient

54 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Sinus Augmentation

Here I post a case of two different approaches for sinus lifting. The lateral with some particularities:
1 horizontal incision on mucosa
2 little window: 5 mm diameter

The crestal approach was done with Densah burs, with the aid of Plantilla Clinicae and implant insertion.

Both sides were done with a biologicall, less agressive, procedures, favouring bone formation.
Regards
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Sinus Lift, lateral and crestal on one patient

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

11 Comments

Beautiful Jorge. Do you find the postoperative period for patients to be better with this conservative window compared to traditional flap and larger window?
Lovely case showing new sinus approach (densah) compared to older technique But with the Jorge twist :)

All the best my friend,
Ehab

Hi Ehab, you go to the point! The post operative pain, swelling is minimal! The scar is invisible and healls quicker than traditional , Dr. Boyne incision on keratinized mucosa, 8 mm away from window.
Think about that regeneration comes from bone, not from window inner part! So the smaller the window the greater the regenerative bone surface!
Regards, and was nice meeting you again at OWS.
Jorge

Jorge, really, really nice. Happy patients!
Tell us about a wet gauze, please.
Best regards
Snjezana

Snjezana the "Wet Gauze"TM is a tevhnic that I showed on a Video presentation at Dental xp on 2008.
Basically is the use of a wet gauze with anestesic with epinefrine. Is more gentle than curetes and works fast. Watch the video;)
Regards
Jorge

I love this little trick with the gauze....regards Mo

I know...simple and easy.
Ha ha.
Regards.
Jorge

When a tooth is lost the alveolar process begins to remodel. The vacant tooth socket collapses as it heals leaving an edentulous (toothless) area, termed a ridge. This collapse causes a loss in both height and width of the surrounding bone. In addition, when a maxillary molar or premolar is lost, the floor of the maxillary sinus expands, which further diminishes the thickness of the underlying bone. Overall, this leads to a loss in volume of bone that is available for implantation of dental implants, which rely on osseointegration (bone integration), to replace missing teeth. The goal of the sinus lift is to graft extra bone into the maxillary sinus, so more bone is available to support a dental implant. We take total care of our patient. You can visit at https://www.dentistanyc.com/, if you want to know about the full information on that.

Jorge. Wet gauze rides again. I love it! All the best. Chuck

Thanks Chuck. It does!

What about my minimalistic window ?
Regards.
Jorge

BTI
Versah