Sinus Lift crestal approach with Magnetic Mallet

109 Rating(s).

Posted on By Domenico Baldi In Sinus Augmentation

Sinus lift case, with crestal approach, entirely performed using the Magnetic Mallet. Osseodensification property of this instrument was used to autografting the sinus. Immediate placement (great primary stability of the implant with healing abutment) without placing any allograft. Pre-op distance from the alveolar crest to the sinus floor: 8.7 mm; Working length during osseodensification from 8.7 mm to 10 mm. Placement of a 4.25 x 10 mm Sweden&Martina implant with 40 Ncm of insertion torque; Implant is currently being restored 8 weeks after placement

OPT pre-op
Magnetic Mallet bone expander insert

Implant placement
OPT post-op

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Sinus Lift crestal approach with Magnetic Mallet

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

Hi Domenico Nice case Can I ask what you feel the benefits are to the magnetic mallet over the normal mallet or other options I often use a simple mallet to tap gently in maxilla or simply push and turn an Sumner's osteotome or use screw expansion burs or versah I'm a sucker for toys so very interested as long as there is a great benefit

Dear Barry, I totally agree with Maurice. This instrument is completely different from the others! In order to explain the differences we should have more space and time but I’ll try to summarize the principals concepts. If we make a comparison with manual mallet we can highlight that with the Magnetic Mallet we have a better control of the force that we transmit on the bone. For this reason we can manage much better the surgical procedure and furthermore we reduce the risk of BPPV. In order to understand the advantages of this instrument in comparison with the burs we have to know how they work. In fact the Magnetic Mallet exploits an electro-magnetic impact between two masses, electronically operated by the control unit, thus allowing to get a high intensity impact applied in a very short timing able to get the plastic deformation of the bone. Instead the bur has a macro movement due to the rotatory movement and need pressure to work, those things together increase the risk of reduction of control. If you want to know more information about the application of Magnetic Mallet to sinus lift you can see the webinar “Innovative New Technique for Minimally Invasive Crestal Sinus Lift Approach” on DentalXP.

Barry, this device was surprisingly good and unlike any thing else I have used. It does not rely on the human hand with pressure or force of the mallet...and it is NOT anything like Versah OD. It is it's own technology and very useful for extractions, ridge splits and internal sinus elevations...

Dentalxp
Magnetic Mallet