Single Visit Chairside Cad/Cam Milled Veneer

2 Rating(s).

Posted on By James Stein In Digital Scanning & CAD/CAM

The single anterior ceramic restoration has been simplified with the refinement of the chairside scanned and milled restoration. The availability of milled monoblocks in multiple shades and translucencies allows one to produce full contour esthetic restorations. The maintenance of a peripheral band of healthy enamel ensures a secure resin bond and gingival health. This technique provides a single visit solution to a challenging clinical problem.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Single Visit Chairside Cad/Cam Milled Veneer

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Nice! Did you use Biogeneric reference? Gregory

Gregory, The Planscan software does not use the same "biogeneric" function as Cerec. In this example, while waiting for the anesthetic to take effect, I applied some unbonded resin to quickly restore the lost tooth form. I then made an intraoral digital impression scan to be used as a "clone" image to aid with the final restoration design.

James. Beautiful result. Could you please explain the advantage of this technique compared to a direct resin. Thank you for sharing. Chuck.

Chuck, My choice of restorative material and technique here are based upon both the diagnosis and patient's wishes. There was mesial caries and and the need for a significant Type IV restoration. If the cost to the patient was the determining factor, I would placed a direct composite resin restoration. The trade-off MAY have been durability and esthetic degradation over time. Maximum esthetics and longevity were his priorities (yes I did suggest orthodontics!) therefore a bonded milled ceramic restoration completed in 2 hours seemed the best option.

Hi James; I believe the most important factor in the equation is the age of the patient. If the patient is in her 20s , 30s or early 40s...Resin. Looking at the condition of that tooth after prepping...I see an implant. Had a Resin been placed, you could have bought an additional 15 years and perhaps the tooth would last her entire lifetime. Regards, Gerald

Great case,James...just one question...what was the reason why you did not reshape the right central or make the 2 centrals match?

PET Kit
KLS Martin