Simplified treatment with short and conventional implants

68 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vladimir García Lozada In Full Arch & Dentures

Dear friends,
this is a case of full arch rehabilitation with an approach to simplified treatment avoiding sinus lift and other techniques.
what are your thoughts. thank you
best regards
Vladimir García Lozada

Short Implants
Preoperative Xray

Preoperative clinical picture
Insertion of conventional implants

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Simplified treatment with short and conventional implants

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Eight implants placed
GBR of implants with autologous and xenograft

Cytoplast Membrane
Postoperative Xray

Hi Vladimir, nice case to discuss some concepts.
I would use the PET options here! No extractions if bone is on buccal. RST with or without apicoectomies and endo treatments to preserve buccal bone.
According to short implants I have no problems but I feel that I´m more confident on tilted implants to mesial, (sinus anterior wall) or distal wall.
Let´s see evolution of the case. But certainly for me is difficult to extract, nowadays , all teeth. I left the best part of them using the SS and RST.
Regards
Jorge

Hi Jorge,
Thank you very much to start discussion with these case my friend
I will explain better clinically how the patient comes to the clinic. She comes with gum disease and infection, with generalized tooth mobility and with areas of suppuration, I don´t know if under these conditions SS and RST can be predictable for this case. When i perform extraction teeth the buccal bone is very thin with necrosis caused by gum disease and at the time of cleaning the dental socket, the vestibular bone disappeared. The tooth #13 with mobility too, caused the bad occlusion she had. I very like tilted implants, All-on-4 protocol, but i prefer performing when the distal implant remains in the second premolar position on both sides to avoid cantilever.
i don´t know if under this conditions of this case is possible and predictable perform this great techniques because i don´t have much experience with them but now a day i can see and open my eyes with the success they have.
regards
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir, you are right. Mobile teeth are not candidates for SS, teeth without buccal wall , even fixed, can´t be used to preserve what is not there.
If that was the case, you did right.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.
Regards
Jorge

Hi Jorge,
Thanks for clarifying me with this case is not an option to perform SS and RST. What happened is that the clinical conditions of the patient were not totally explained from the beginning or asked before, only confusion. Moreover the case its like i comment, and the short implants its one more option of treatment in implantology that have a great scientific evidence and indications.
Jorge thank you for your effort sharing your great cases and for your support.
Un abrazo
Vladimir

Vladamir only the clinician knows how badly the condition is of the teeth so extraction of mobile or infected teeth always more prudent if there is doubt. I am not a BIG fan of short implants in the posterior maxilla....I prefer angled implants or sinus lift IMHO. thanks for sharing Dr. Salama

Dr. salama
thank you for comment for this case, and its truly than only clinicians knows the clinical conditions of the patients, just happened only confusion. Short implants its only one more option for implants rehabilitation and have their indications, but i think it would be interesting and enriching discuss what are the options for rehabilitation of the posterior atrophic maxilla, like scientific evidence said we have short implants, sinus lift, grafts, GBR, alveolar distractor, Zygomatic implants, tilted implants, pterygoid implants, and more. What are the toughts and preference, i encourage members and forum to participate about this different techniques and approaches, depending on the anatomical clinical conditions and requirements of our patients from a predictable point of view.
Always delighted to learn and share
thank you very much for your guide and advice i appreciate
best regards
Vladimir

Vladimir,
Like usually, you have performed great surgery.
Experts have already given their opinion:)
I would have done crestal sinus elevation utilizing Densah burs.
And if I were Vladimir Garzia Lozada something angulated:))
Thank you for sharing and stimulating discussion!
Best regards
Snjezana

Snjezana,
thank you very much!!
sinus lift with densah bur an innovative technique seems very good thanks the to the kindness offered by this type of burs for osseodensification. To apply it how much as the height of remaining bone to perform? and also what are your thoughts of the another techniques for the atrophic posterior maxilla both bone deficiency of vertical and horizontal defects?
big hug
Vladimir

Hu-Friedy
NovaBone