Simplified augmentation of 3 D defect

160 Rating(s).

Posted on By Dong Sohn In Implants

Surgeons usually would like to do big surgery as I did until my early 40s but most of patients want minimally invasive surgery. So I stoppe to harvest auto block bone for ridge or sinus augmentation.

Harvestin of auto block bone is technically difficult and time consuming, and most of patients complain morbidity of donor sites.

As alternative to auto bone, decal tooth bone has been introduced since 1960s.
Decalcified tooth block is known to release diverse osteindivtive proteins similar as auto block bone.

Therefore, fast bone regeneration is achieved.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Simplified augmentation of 3 D defect

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

How did you stabilize the auto tooth blocks here? It seems difficult to do? How long did it take you to shape and prepare the tooth blocks? Thanks for sharing. Maurice

Block tooth bone was stabilized with sticky bone. No special stabilization method was used. So very simple to stabilize it. 2 H is needed to make decal tooth block and 30 min for decalcified particulate tooth bone at office. simple to make them. Thank you DS

Hi
Can we have some references,please?
Todor

of course. you can download many many articles at pubmed.com thank you

Omnia
NovaBone