Ridge Split with Mallet or Versah?

65 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ben Lashley In Implants

This is one of those rare cases that may not need Siunus augmentation. The bone is thick enough to contain an implant but is marginal. You could augment it facially during implant placement, you could ridge split it with the magnetic mallet or osteotomes or simply utilized the Versa kit to densify and expand. I would love some input on this case!

Ben

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Ridge Split with Mallet or Versah?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

It's a challenging case with many aspect to evaluate, both Versah or Magnetic Mallet are good options. The Versah need to have trabecular bone to work at their best, magnetic Mallet is more conservative for the reason you don't use drills or irrigation. One more option could be split with partial thickness flap and additional CTG. I personally use both of the systems, often together and manual expanders also. Good luck!

Because of the defect that is nearly a three wall defect, I am considering simply placing the implant and then placing bone over the facial with collagen membrane. I dont have a clinical photo to share but I am considering opening the flap to posterior of the molar and no release to the mesial. That is three roads to Rome or combination there of. Thank you for the input!

Ritter
Versah
Magnetic Mallet