A Review of case to "Make a Youngster Look Normal"

207 Rating(s).

Posted on By Gerald Benjamin In Composite Resin

This case was done 21 months ago when his Mother asked me to help her son 16 year old son look normal. He was missing permanent teeth and had retained deciduous teeth making him look like a 12 year old. We will extract deciduous teeth and place implants when he completes growing.
Direct resin adhesive dentistry has always been viewed as second rate treatment primarily for two reasons:
1. Most dentists have not been adequately trained in the use of direct resin placement and are not willing to spend the time or buy the appropriate composites.
2. Most dentists feel that they cannot charge sufficiently when compared to fees earned with indirect treatment options.

Resin is a fabulous material that allows the dentist to treat cases where porcelain is not an option for whatever reason.

14 year old full face
14 year old retracted view

16 year old full face shortly after direct resin was bonded on maxillary anterior teeth
16 year old smile post direct resin bonding

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on A Review of case to "Make a Youngster Look Normal"

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Gerald; Great case my friend. I have seen Dr. Goldstein do this many many times. I am sure he too is pleased with your post. Did you do or consider any crown lengthening prior to the bonding? regards Maurice

Hi Maurice;
All of my dentistry is personally rewarding...I love it.
I performed electrosurgery to gain additional bonding surface. I did a wax up and transferred it with a putty matrix.
This intermediary dentistry will ideally last until the patient is 21 and then we will extract C and D; F and G and place implants in 6 and 11 and cantilever the laterals. The deciduous molars will be extracted as well and implants placed.
Regards,
gerald

Super planning....that young man is in great hands.

Beautiful result, Gerald, and very rewarding I am certain. Maurice is correct...some of my greatest pleasures have been accomplishing results like these for not only fee based patients but pro bono as well. In fact that is why I started "Tomorrow's Smiles" charity where volunteer dentists accept at least one patient to change his or her smile and the dentist's expenses for lab or materials is covered by the charity.

Hi Dr. Goldstein;
I will restore a high school student in your honor.
Let's do it!
Regards,
gerald

Gerald, if we take effort and have the knowledge, we see often happy patients. But if you are 16 and your teeth look like a small child teeth, then you come to Gerald - you LOVE him and dentistry and life...
Thank you for sharing and motivating us!
Snjezana

Thanks Snjezana!!!!!
I have been a spiritual Dental XPer my entire career... The unrelenting pursuit of excellence. At almost 70 and after 40 years, I still practice 5 days a week and do all my own wax ups. I truly expect to be a better dentist next week than I was this week.
It is truly sad how the average clinician is so accepting of mediocrity.
US News and World Report named "Dentistry" one of the best jobs in America yet 70-80% of all dentists here hate being a dentist. Inexplicable.
Thank you for your kind words and consistent support for my work. You are a rock star of our profession!!!

Gerald,

I shared your passionate words with my staff today and they said we need more guys like you that genuinely care! Bravo my friend -

The patients can feel your compassion also...

Cheers,

Richard

Gerald, Wonderful case. You've done life changing treatment for this young man.
Excellent work.
Take care Brian Mills

Thanks so much.
As a master of resin yourself, your compliment is a great honor.
Regards,
gerald

Dentalxp
NovaBone