Reentry after 6 months of reconstruction with titanium mesh and Infuse.

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sormani Queiroz In Bio-modifiers: BMP-2 / PRGF

Reopening of reconstruction with titanium mesh and infuse after extraction of incisors by severe bone loss and immediate implants. All implants were exposed at cervical third at the time of implantation. The mesh exposed at 6 weeks and was maintained with local care.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Reentry after 6 months of reconstruction with titanium mesh and Infuse.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

Was the lingual bone also missing in the cervical 3rd of the implants or it was there. I would attempt this kind of case after having achieved success with smaller, easier, favorable cases first. I am assuming you have had good success with Bmp before.

The implants placement looks good, they seem to be immersed in bone on removing the mesh.

How much Bmp was used.

Was there any particle bone used as well or just pure Bmp sponges.

Pl post before and after PA X-rays.

Which mentor are you following. Whose work has inspired you to use Bmp.

I have been using Bmp in my office but it has always been combined with mfdba.

Nice work

Sam Jain, DMD
Center For ImPlant Dentistry
Fremont, CA

Dr. Sam Jain,
Thank you for spending your time with this case and for the pertinent questions. I've been using Infuse for about one year, but I began to do all kind of reconstructive bone surgeries since 1997, in my residency program in OMfS with Prof. Elcio Marcantonio and Roberto Barbeiro, two prominent surgeons and implantodontists, besides Prof. Mario Gabrielli they were my menthors in this field. Since i finished my residency, i'm involved both with academic and private practice. On the subject of bmp's i made some courses provided by medtronic's local dealer here in Brazil, but the work of many international researchers and clinicians inspired me to use BMP ( Craig Misch is one of them). I began the use of infuse in sinus lifting. In this specific case, the defeect was bigger in the vestibular aspect, but there was bone loss in the palatal region . The time between beseline and reentry was 6 to 7 months. I will post the preop clinical and cbct. No other biomaterial was used combined with BMP and a medium kit of Infuse was used in this case.
Best regards.
Sormani.

Sormani,

Very nice case, impressive amount of bone formation. My compliment.
Omar

Thank you Omar. Best ragards!

Sormani,

Were all implants stable? And can you explain your rationale for placement of 4 implants vs 2 and positions- Also any additional soft tissue augmentation?

Thx

Richard

Richard,
Thank you a lot for your input. All implants were stable at reentry. My routine is to use 2 implants on the lateral incisive sites, but sometimes (may be this is a characteristic of brazilian patients) the patients desire replacement of all incisives (they say they want to pass the dental floss like in the natural teeth!). In this particular case, the patient's age besides her very low smile line is favorable in terms of esthetics. Regarding soft tissue, i just rolled a little amount of tissue form palatal to vestibular.
Regards,
Sormani.

Sormani, Thank you for sharing such an interesting case. Much can be learned through observation of such cases. I am always curious how cases like this work out over time. Please keep us posted. Chuck.

Chuck,
I always appreciate your comments. I'll keep updating this case...thank you a lot!
Sormani.

Sormani,

Keep me posted on outcome!

BTI
Hu-Friedy