PRF viability after centrifuge procedure

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By William Guido In Bio-modifiers: BMP-2 / PRGF

I'm going to regenerate a horizontal bone defect in the anterior maxilla and I am eager to use PRF as membranes and as an additive to the Puros cortico-cancellous mix. I do not currently have a blood centrifuge to develop the PRF myself at the moment so I would have to send my patient to a nearby lab to get the procedure done. My question is, How long after centrifugation is the PRF viable? Do I have to apply it in a matter of minutes or is the PRF good for a couple of hours so I can apply it considering travel and clinical time since centrifugation?

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on PRF viability after centrifuge procedure

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

I believe you have a few hours to work with the PRF. I performed the procedure by myself to facilitate post extraction bone grafting with implant placement. It was remarkably strait foward to use the material. Very uncomplicated and rapid wound healing was achieved. I utilized a centrifuge purchased for under $200. You must utilize red top vacuum tubes without anticoagulant. There are at least two excellent video presentations on PRF use here on Dentalxp. Keep the centrifuge and sample a little below standard room temperature. The material should not be exposed to high room temperatures for very long if at all.
Cordially,
Dr. S. Neil Hermannsson

Hu-Friedy
Nobel Biocare