plattform switching

2 Rating(s).

Posted on By Arturo Meijueiro In Armamentarium

The Plattform switching preserve crestal bone better than the old implants. It´s a Titaniumfix implant.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on plattform switching

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

13 Comments

Very nice crestal bone response. I am not surprised but would ask what systems offer the LARGEST switching of platforms?? The greater the switch the better the bone response has been shown in the literature.
Dr. Salama

Definetly platform-switching concept came to stay in implant dentistry. Maybe ankylos from denstply is the implant who offers the most platform switching.

Hello Maurice, today we have upgrade the standar or our treatments, I think that we don't have the optimal implant yet but I hope soon. Bye
Dr. Meijueiro

Congratulations.

Parabens pela bela adaptação do implante e técnica utilizada.
Sandro Valente , Brasil

Obrigado Sandro, Eu Troque os velhos sistemas por platform switching até dois anos com sucesso em meus tratamentos, grande abraço

SIze of the "switch " is only part of it... i have switched from a 6mm platform to a 4mm and only had fair responce(as good as no switch at all) the connection has a factor as well.I found this out with external hex, as well as internal hex, and across multiple implant systems. The most predictable i have found has been with Ankylos.

Beside the platform switching Ankylos offers Cone Morse connection too, which is absolutely firm and "closed" for any size of bacteria. It plays an important role for the bone!!!

I only know Ankylos and Neodent implants (49% of Neodent was recently bought by Straumann company) with this type of connection and platform switching design, so I believe this will be the design of all "future" implants :)

switching its one part of the history, most of us started as "serendipity" we made standard connection crown over wide diameter implants ....but with hex external connection, sometimes it was really good, sometimes it is really bad (just look what happens with the Southern Implant)...the secret its the internal connection and much better if it is Morse...take a look also to the Neodent Implants from Brazil you will be surprised !!

what happened with Southern implants??? never used them but have a friend who does.

Follow the link http://oseointegracion.blogspot.com/2011/07/max-implant.html
that it's an example of the MaxImplant from Southern

What are your views on the neoss system which has a flat top ?
How does platform swtiching compare to the internal cone of astra ?

Very great result with this. Nice one

Nice response but how long has it been in function? Everything looks good early on. The one true advantage with platform switching is the increase in gingival tissue present which may affect a thicker biotype.

The presence of a chronic radicular infection in the vicinity of an osteointegrated dental implant can cause periimplantitis. I would consider RCT of the canine one.
Anyway, excellent implant restoration.

NovaBone
Ritter