Planning

6 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jason Witons In Full Arch & Dentures

Hi,

I am in the planning stages of this case that has deep recurrent caries. Ultimately I want to be certain that implants placed for full arch are deep enough to mask transition. ie Alveolarplasty measuring. planning for immediate load if possible. Pt will be in for CT and prelim models shortly.. fmx included as well as photos of rest, exce smile.

Is there an article or guide reference to plan this case accordingly,

Thank you,

Jason

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Planning

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Hi Jason! Are you sure you need to extract all her teeth? Good Perio, some restorative and some aesthetic work and I think those teeth maybe could stay for many years. Why are you thinking on a full arch? IMHO I always try to delay implants as much as possible. Patients normally understand "problems" with their teeth but not with "your" implants.
Thanks for sharing.

Jose Mompell

Hi Jose,

like a lot of dentistry yes there is not one right way. I am using this as an exercise. What would be your planning as I discribed above.

Thank you,

Jason

Hi Jason, based on your post so far, I generally look at this case as: a) posterior maxilla case that will likely require molar extraction, sinus augmentation and implant placement as PRN, b) Cosmetic & Restorative crown lengthening, especially upper right anterior, followed by C & B and c) Periodontal & furcation management or extraction and implant placement lower right.
Having said that, if the patient would be better served by a full/upper extraction and implants with immediate load and your concern is planning/managing the gingival marginal interface, the following Forum post and Dentalxp lecture would help get your planning started:
http://forum.dentalxp.com/case/details/dsd-case-using-guided-crown-lengthening/6160

http://www.dentalxp.com/video/modern-approach-full-arch-immediate-1093500.aspx?locale=

To me, no way is this a full arch implant case. Other than molars, these teeth are salvageable. DSD for smile design, some crown lengthening as needed. Test VDO and phonetics/esthetics with mock up and temp. Go from there. Regards Maurice Salama

360 Imaging
KLS Martin