"PET" SRT Submerged Root Pontic Technique

214 Rating(s).


Posted on By Maurice Salama In Implants

Patient presents with fracture to gumline of LL Lateral incisor. Patient has previously had 2 Unibody implants placed to replace Lower central incisors. No room between implant and adjacent canine for the placement of even a 3.0mm implant.....Decision was to perform cantilever bridge off stable canine (with erosion defect) with SRT on lateral incisor. Small CTG from palate utilized for pontic development. What say the XP troops? regards Dr. S

PA preop
SRT PET Kit bur

PET Kit Apron-Shield
Depth check


Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on "PET" SRT Submerged Root Pontic Technique


Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

26 Comments

Mo. Excellent choice of Tx! What are your thoughts on the potential need for Endodontics for the cuspid? Perhaps #26 was restorable? A crystal ball would be helpful :-). Well done. Best wishes. Chuck


Reply

Chuck; I think that the crown lengthening required on #26 to gain a ferrule may have put the THIN bone on distal of implant at substantial risk....as for the canine, I think we will keep our eyes out but it tested vital so far...
regards Mo


Reply

Hi Mo, without any doubt this is the correct treatment.
Ctg, and also could be PRF, will develop a good keratinized gingiva on ridge. This "simple" but efective treatment avoid loosening bone besides the implant and preserving keratinized gingiva on area.
Please keep us posted on final result.
Regards
Jorge


Reply

It is OFTEN what we DON'T do that is CRITICAL....."no extraction no collapse" regards Mo


Reply

Beatiful case and photography! I think extraction on this site would be detrimental.
This is so much easier and better approach for the patient.

Yiannis


Reply

Dr Salama,
It looks as though you maintained a lingual shield also? Or does it just look the way in the photos?
Thanks,
Carl


Reply

Was not completed yet...but removed...Dr. S


Reply

Jorge, would you comment on how you place the PRF over submerged root to allow keratinized overgrowth? Great case! Thanks Mo. Erik


Reply

Erik, just pack PRF on top of RST and a cross suture will allow the sourrounding gingiva cover the root espontaneously.
Regards.
Jorge


Reply

Is there a lingual shield??


Reply

No....just the image taken before it was removed.


Reply

I know one of the Italian dentist described a technique where he partially pulled a tooth out of the socket, waited several month and the restored it. Do you think his method of treatment would be appropriate here? Gregory


Reply

Hi Maurice, perfect treatment plan and execution. After doing couple of cases by following your standard protocols on this treatment plan, One aspect is not very clear to me even now, When and how will you decide -- to touch or not to touch the root canal of a sub merged root ( Endo or Cvec pulpotomy, etc, etc). Regards, Ashok.


Reply

Ashok; I prepare down 3mm in depth regardless of canal vital or RCT. Then irrigate and if vital I simply close the flap and/or add CTG....with non-vital I seal access with glass ionomer and then the same as above. Dr. S


Reply

Hi Maurice;
Did you consider removing the implant crown on #25 and placing a new implant crown with pontic instead of cutting another tooth?
Just wondering.
Regards,
gerald


Reply

Thats a great idea Dr.Gerald. Regards, Ashok


Reply

Gerald; A very good option as well. The patient did not wish to involve the previous restorations and was aware that the canine would require some restorative work due to severe erosion. regards Maurice


Reply

Dr. Salama, is there any consideration to if the lateral might have a periapical lesion? Let's say a tooth that was an otherwise good candidate for RST DID have a periapical pathology, what would you do?


Reply

Matt; I would do the RCT and then SRT. Dr. S


Reply

Hi Maurice,

Why not root submergence instead of pet?

I would also have Gerald's as first option, unless the canine needed a crown, in that case your solution is the ideal one.

Regards


Reply

Andoni; This was root submergence....not socket shield. Dr. S


Reply

Another possible solution could be Endo - Rapid Extrusion with Fiberomy elongation and restore #26. No adverse impact on adjacent implant or tooth.

http://online library.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1708-8240.1990.tb00615.x/abstract



Reply

Chuck, this link doesn`t open. Could you please check it?
GF


Reply

Perfect Chuck.......always thinking. I proposed that but patient is 71 years old and lives in Arizona....he wanted quick and fast resolution. regards Mo


Reply

Dr. Salama, thank you for sharing this beautiful managed case.
It is so important to share not only techniques that we utilize, but the daily decision making process. A vividly discussion shows it.
I like your solution.
3,0 mm implant insertion was not possible - how about a mini implant?
Best regards
Snjezana


Reply

Thank you Snejzana...no unfortunately the space between implant and canine root was 2.7mm on CBCT....Thanks for your kind words and I also enjoyed the discussions....regards Dr. S


Reply

Related Posts

216 Rating(s)

Versah
BTI