Pet Perspectives / Vonlay Substitute

6 Rating(s).

Posted on By rocco mele In Ceramics/Veneers

I just read a featured article by Drs Mclaren,Figueira,and Goldstein.
" Vonlays: A Conservative Esthetic Alternative to Full-Coverage Crowns"
I posted this case several days ago. It reminded me of this article I just reviewed.
I will call mine Zircon-Lay :)

Rocco

Prepped PM4
Buccal

Palatal
Delivered Zircon Lay

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Pet Perspectives / Vonlay Substitute

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

Hi Rocco, will this veneer resist the occlusal forces ?
Wow.
Very imaginative!
Thanks for sharing.
Jorge

Jorge
Fortunately, the normal occlusive forces on that tooth are minimal. It sits buccal to the mandibular molar. The danger involves the abnormal chewing habits and objects of our patients. If you notice the Max PM4 was restored at one time w flowable and was subsequently destroyed by chewing on hard objects.... Trying to get some owners to follow up on home care is like " pulling teeth " The surgical and technical procedures are easy compared to following discharge instructions...

BTW, the mandibular pre molar is a implant supported Z crown on a custom abutment and resisting the habits of this patient so far...

Thanks

R

Pre Restoration Trauma

Rocco, very nice clinical and technician result. I've notice on my pet (he's just 2 yrs old) that enamel is not so smooth on cuspid upper vestibular area. Could ,in your opinion, be this tratment useful to prevent gingival and periodontal problem? Thanks Rocco. Armando

Armando
Thanks, Happy to visit Italy and work on this tooth
together :)

Send me a photo...

Rocco

Excellent use of the technique, Rocco. Only thing to always remember if wrapping the vonlay on the occlusal surface wouid be to create extra thickness.

Dr Goldstein

Thank you not only for the kind comment but for the advice

Rocco

Delivered Zircon-Lay ( Cemented )

Rocco

Final Cemented On Lay

3Shape
360 Imaging