Pet Perspective / VT/HZ Defect Repair w Calvaria Strut

100 Rating(s).

Posted on By rocco mele In Bone Grafting

Referring clinic biopsy results ( Fibromatous Epulis ) Benign but very destructive. Treatment selective extractions ( L Mandibular Molar 1;2;3 ), socket debridement , marginal rim excision.

Defect repaired with Canine Cortical Calvaria Strut. Cortical self tapping screws (1.5mm) were lagged in the lingual mandibular plate. Gaps filled w DFDBA and Fascia membrane.

Rocco

Xray Study
Pre Surgical / Final Site Prep

Freeze Dried Strut ( Allograft )
Cortical Cancellous Block

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Pet Perspective / VT/HZ Defect Repair w Calvaria Strut

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Great treatment. It would be so great if freeze dried bone struts were available in the USA for human utilization as Juan Alberto Ruiz has displayed on this site. thanks for sharing Dr. Salama

Dr S
Thanks for the comment.
I had the company make these Calaveria Cortical Struts for me. Easier to work with as compared to Rib Struts.

As you mentioned, I did get the idea from Juan Alberto.
I tried to get fresh frozen, like Juan Alberto, I am still working on VTS for a supply...

Rocco

The individual healing profile of a given bone substitute with respect to osteogenic potential and substitution rate must be considered when selecting adjunctive grafting materials for bone regeneration procedures. In this study, standardized mandibular defects in minipigs were filled with nanocr......The individual healing profile of a given bone substitute with respect to osteogenic potential and substitution rate must be considered when selecting adjunctive grafting materials for bone regeneration procedures. In this study, standardized mandibular defects in minipigs were filled...... with nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite (HA-SiO), deproteinized bovine bone mineral (DBBM), biphasic calcium phosphate (BCP) with a 60/40% HA/β-TCP (BCP 60/40) ratio, or particulate autogenous bone (A) for histological and histomorphometric analysis. At 2 weeks, percent filler amongst the test groups (DBBM (35.65%), HA.You can get full details at https://etoms.com/

Great case management, Rocco!
You are my best source for bone substitute materials!
Warmly
Snjezana

BTI
DoWell Dental Products