Pet Perspective / Densah Case 11

13 Rating(s).

Posted on By rocco mele In Implants

What am I learning w OD ( Densah ) ?
Most all my implant cases are immediate. The OD condenses these virgin sites and increases primary stability. At the PM4 site it can be challenging to pick the proper site MB or Distal. The inter radicular bone bony ridge is minimal while the quality may not be adequate. However, it would be my first choice for the best restorative options. This case demonstrates the position that I prefer in ( small/medium ) patients. With the incorporation of the D-Drill (as I call it) the site becomes manageable with excellent primary stability. Osteotomy (SD) can predispose to damage of the buccal plate while fracturing the distal/mesial wall of the MB/D socket respectively.
Note the quality of the furcation site w this protocol.

Rads/Pilot/Post
Furcation Site/1.3;1.8mm Pilot Drill

OD Protocol/Note the Character of the OD Site
Site Grafting w Closure
Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Pet Perspective / Densah Case 11

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Very nice.....

Dr S
Thank you
Sorry I missed the Symposium in Florida. Hopefully next time

Rocco

Rocco:
I like how you expanded the radicular ridge and how you added a veneer graft to enhance the site further. What was the implant ITV.

Salah

Salah
The D-Drills are perfect. 3.25X10mm fixture. Final approx 50/55 Ncm. Wanted to document the ISQ @ insertion and again @ 8 wks. I had pegs for 4;5;6mm implants No 3.25mm Osstell will be sending a box...
Thanks Salah

Rocco

Rocco. Magnificent! Another excellent demonstration of the paradigm shift for implant placement and implant site optimization. We now can rely upon implant placement in native bone to enhance veneer grafting rather than the opposite. Great case and documentation! I wish you could have been with all of us in Florida. The principles of OSSEODENSIFICATION and PARTIAL EXTRACTION THERAPIES have been elevated to a new level. IMO we will look back at DentalXP Global Symposium 2016 as a pivital point for implant dentistry.

"THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN"

Thanks Chuck

There is....

Rocco

Hu-Friedy
Nobel Biocare