PET on a gummy smile

188 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Anterior/Esthetic

A failling bridge on a young woman presents a challenge when you want to change on a implant based bridge. The Gummy Smile can be improved changing the crown level. We have to take into account the new desired position of teeth. Socket Shields are gonna be prepared acording this new position. A stent was prepared to help us on the osteotomy and shield phase.
Two apicoectomys were done also to clean apical problems.
REgards
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on PET on a gummy smile

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Jorge; Amazing planning and skills. My only hesitation is when creating a "full thickness" flap over the future shields and also creating an apical access for debridement there is risk of future resorption of the labial plate over the shields which may risk shield mobility over time....just a thought. We can discuss furhter in Madrid. warm regards my friend Mo

Jorge; Amazing planning and skills. My only hesitation is when creating a "full thickness" flap over the future shields and also creating an apical access for debridement there is risk of future resorption of the labial plate over the shields which may risk shield mobility over time....just a thought. We can discuss furhter in Madrid. warm regards my friend Mo

Mo...I do agree with you. But on tbis case we have no choice. Need to raise a flap to do the ostectomy and level the ridge and the shields. Very thin bone but I'm still confident of a good resolution. Let's wait 4 months for reentry.
We definitelly talk at MADRID JTI about this cases.
Regards.
Jorge

Jorge,
great big case!
Love your planning and execution.
I personally would have augmented buccal, but I am more anxious than you. You confirmed many times that your instincts are better than mine :))
See you in Porto and Madrid!
Snjezana

PET Kit
KLS Martin