P.E.T for Molars = YES or NO ?

25 Rating(s).

Posted on By ashok gowda In Implants

Dear XP Clinicians, its a 3 months old healing of a molar site P.E.T ( upper second molar) after Densah sinus lift. Even after considering the challenges of P.E.T surgical procedure in molar area, this kind of result is always promising. So i always says YES, whenever its possible and required. Regards, Ashok.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on P.E.T for Molars = YES or NO ?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

18 Comments

4 wks healing

Mini flap

Endo ultrasonic tip

Countouring of the shield
Densah lift

Post OP 3 months

Hi Ashok,

It's looking good, but with the amount of buccal bone, thick biotype, and having the mesial and distal adjacent teeth intact, I would have gone for a simpler full extraction protocol.

Can't see the benefits of a PET in a molar site when you have this anatomy.

Besides you have 7mm to the sinus only, and if the mesial aspect of the implant is against the root, perhaps with no bone attachment, that leaves you with less integrated titanium surface.

I think a classic approach here would work phenomenally well.

But keep us updated on this one!

Thanks

Hi Andoni, thanks for your valuable comment, i agree. I had the same opinion like you few years back, and even now for few cases.

Some times i used to create a crack line or fracture the buccal bone of grossly decayed or R.C. treated molars during extraction, and that used to create a decent amount of buccal bone collapse. Hence i started practicing this technique, and its working. Now with in limits i always take a chance to retain the buccal shield of teeth irrespective of the existing buccal bone and tissue biotype. If i cannot succeed, then as you said i will extract the tooth and go conventional. Regards. Ashok.

(Hope Jorge and Chuck will come to my rescue, lol )

Ashok. I love it! I don't understand the rational to electively remove any healthy viable tissue just because "you may get away with it" or because it has been done that way mindlessly for decades. You never know what the future holds regarding the adjacent teeth. One thing we know for sure is removal of PDL = loss of bone. Not to mention possible sinus exposure or loss of large buccal plates along with the extracted tooth. I can and dose happen occasionally. Why risk extraction or go out of your way to remove perfectly healthy tissues? Best regards. Chuck

Thanks Chuck, i really appreciate your advise. Regards, Ashok.

very nice, couldn't tell was grafting used in the gap or just PRF

Thanks James, its just P.R.F. Regards. Ashok

I say YES but skill level and experience needed here. Well done. Dr. S

I Totally agree. Regards. Ashok

DoWell Dental Products
NovaBone