PET and mIVAN for adjacent sites

149 Rating(s).

Posted on By snjezana pohl In Implants

In this case we planned PET on canine and IDR on lateral incisor, two adjacent implants. Due to the buccal position of the second molars, tuberosity harvesting was not possible. mIVAN technique was applied for the socket type 2 (lateral incisor) and socket shield for socket type 1. We decided for place one implant with cantilever.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on PET and mIVAN for adjacent sites

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

great work as always, how did you manage the apical perforation by just packing the bone deeper?

Thank you Warren Jones.
There is an ice cone shaped membrane. Entire buccal bone wall was missing (patient moved during CBCT, for this reason it appears like fenestration).
Thank you for asking
Snjezana

Thank you, Maurice.
Absolutely! But patient lives far away and didn‘t want. Ortho extrusion would have been perfect.
I forgot to mention it.
Best regards
Snjezana

Excellent case Snjezana! Ivan works, as we can see. Have you trained the site with a screwed provisional? Have you had a second alternative? You made a perfect treatment, a precise technique and optimal result. Can´t imagine a better outcome. Regards Jorge

Thank you, Jorge.
Ortho extrusion would have been nice here, but patient declined.
IDR instead of mIVAN...two adjacent implant placement...I have already cases done with socket shield and tuberosity site by site, provided with adjacent implants, it works very nice. Here I wanted to try an another approach.
Best regards, see you soon at JTI!
Snjezana

Amazing work, I would have considered ortho extrusion of lateral incisor after intentional endo and prior to completion. Great result for sure. Regards Dr. S

Hu-Friedy
BTI