PET combined with rotated connective graft

118 Rating(s).

Posted on By Emilio Rodriguez-Fernández In Anterior/Esthetic

A woman of 57 years old arrived to the office with decapitated canine. At the exploration did not show pain or fistula, thick gingival biotype and a thin buccal plate. My intention was to preserve the buccal volume wit a PET (partial extraction therapy) and a simultaneous implant placement. However, during the intervention I could not achieve primary stability. So I decided to leave the implant in two stages.

To protect the immediate implant and increase the soft-tissue I employed a rotated connective tissue graft from the palate. After 8 weeks, I went back with a flapless approach to connect a healing cap to the osseointegrated implant and before the introduction of a temporary restoration.

Sometimes, even if you use good materials and execute a meticulous surgery, achieve primary stability is not possible. The use of mucogingival surgery can protect our implant and optimize aesthetic and functional results.

Here I leave you my primary clinical results after 14 weeks.

My best,

Emilio

initial situation
partial extraction

implant placement
connective tissue

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on PET combined with rotated connective graft

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Nice result....do you have a radiograph or occlusal photo with healing abutment removed. Very nice. Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr! Of course I have. Here you can see, I hope you like it!

Access to the implant
Radiograph control

Related Posts

Brasseler
3Shape