PET Case to restore or to wait?

170 Rating(s).

Posted on By Mhd Nadim Haidar In Implants

Hello XP Family,
It's my first time to post on the forum however it isn't my first time to be on Dental XP. I learned a lot from all of you during the meetings that I love always to attend and online. I told Maurice last time I saw him at the symposium that I will post this case. You are a true inspiration!

PET done on tooth #8 with mixed 50/50 Allograft placed. Custom healing abutment was placed at the time of the surgery. Took PA after 4 months, I still see some radiolucency around the implant. No signs of mobility or exudate present.

Should I be worried or just wait couple more months before restoring it? I would love to hear from you.

Nadim

Pre-op PA
Pre-op

Pre-op CBCT
Implant placement

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on PET Case to restore or to wait?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

This is the PA's at the time of the placement and after 4 months

PA Implant Placement
4 months

Nice case and documentation. I would have prepared the shield line angel to line angle....do not carry the shield interproximally as much. 2nd, always make sure that you prepare the shield and remove all of the root canal remnants and apex. A gates gliden file often can assist with the direction of preparation or you can do it GUIDED next time. 3rd, prep shield level to bone crest and always make certain to leave space above the shield and laterally for soft tissue to grow over the top of shield avoiding exposures.
In this case, all should be fine but check again when you remove the healing abutment. regards Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Salama! I appreciate your comments and the all the tips that I will be definitely using on my next case.
Will upload new photos once restored.

Can I ask have you undertaken a double shield here -looks like there is palatal root present as well as buccal

Barry, No double shield, the palatal portion was removed. Thank you

Salvin
Hu-Friedy