PET CASE WITH PET FAILURE

2 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Anterior/Esthetic

A perio case with a lost of a central incisor. Neighbor teeth showed bone loss. Decided to replace with implants. Three implants and 3 SS. To fill the pontic place a DOUBLE CTG from palate was taken with Zuchelli technique.
SS were done and after 5 months, prior to uncovering one implant was lost. The uncovery of the other 2 implants was succesful and decided to continue with the fixed bridge. The shield on lateral incisor site was MAINTAINED creating a PONTIC SHIELD.
This are the final pics for comparison and keratinized gingiva apreciation. On pontic site I left the space a little bit open just to wait to the remodelation process and after a couple of month will close if gingiva is not adapting to the pontic.
Regards
Dr. Jorge Campos Aliaga

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on PET CASE WITH PET FAILURE

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

15 Comments

Hi Jorge, great work and result, compliments. The pic in this slide really looks like head of a Cobra, lol, and thats mainly due to thick buccal tissue, which you got it through shielding. Do you have any future ortho and or prosthetic plan for the remaining teeth to protect your fantastic results, because occlusion looks to be compromised. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Ashok. Ths is a non cooperative patient. She was a Class II div 2 and had ortho treatment but not perio treatment. When incisors were hopeless she decided for perio...Then she lost the incisor....She has 3 movile molars....that are on danger...
No plan at all.
Regards.
Jorge

Jorge. Wow! What an nice result on such a challenging case. Flying high as usual my friend. I can't wait to see a PO CBCT. All the best. Chuck

Hi Chuck, thanks for the nice words. I´ll post the cbct soon. Last week the patient came and had 1 month new images. Here there are.
Regards
Jorge

Jorge
An excellent result even with the loss of the lateral. Perfect soft tissue profile.The CBCT shows good bone quantity and quality in the area of the failed implant. Do you have any idea why the fixture did not integrate?
Jerome

Hi Jerome, as I told, perhaps the contact of the provisional prosthesis could have done the micromovement of the implant, avoiding the osseointegration.
Thanks for your words. Look at the new pics. Even better the KG.
Regards
Jorge

Jorge, there is not PET failure in this case. PET are doing great, implant failed to osseointegrate.
Great case management and a good example that your philisopy to put one implant more is clever!
Cheers
Snjezana

I know....it´s a tricky title....;-)
Regards
Jorge

Omnia
360 Imaging