Periodontally Involved mandibular anterior. What Treatment Plan would you propose?

140 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

Let´s study this case: on the lower mandible there are 8 teeth, with little bone insertion but still restorable. Many periodontic oriented would like to restore them in a classical way. My point of view is that we have more long term confidence with PET preserving way.
I use the Socket Shield and the root submergence technique to preserve natural tissues around my implants.
The SPOT drilling technique provides a lot of dentin to fill the gap.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Periodontally Involved mandibular anterior. What Treatment Plan would you propose?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Mixed Dentin+autologous bone coming from drilling was used for gap filling.

One of the BEST PET Cases I have ever seen. You managed this area perfectly in my opinion. Kept the good, maintained the ridge dimensions and offered the patient a more natural restoration...avoided significant bone and ridge reduction and more likely soft tissue issues....Well done Maestro. regards Mo

Thanks Mo, as you say, this is IMHO the best way to treat this cases. In the past, 6 years ago, I treated as PLAN A, but now we ´re on the PET´s crest wave. We see different our cases thanks to PET ideas.
Regards
Jorge

3Shape
Omnia