Perio regeneration with Emdogain alone

185 Rating(s).

Posted on By Michel Azer In Anterior/Esthetic

Patient presented with vertical boney defect mesial to UR central incisor. A decision to save the tooth instead of jumping to extract and implant. Flap design ala Cortellini et al "Simplified papilla preservation", scaling and root planning, prefgel (EDTA) application and Emdogain. Ref: The simplified papilla preservation flap.

Ref: A novel surgical approach for the management of soft tissues in regenerative procedures. IJPRD 1999

Will keep you guys posted on the outcome

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Perio regeneration with Emdogain alone

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Michel; Any radiographs? When I see these perio lesions with slight supra-eruption and a diastema, I typically find OCCLUSAL issues and traumatic occlusion superimposed as a distinguishing and direct factor. PA radiographs typcially display a WIDENED PDL. I ALWAYS perform occlusal therapy and adjustment FIRST prior to perio GTR regeneration. Your flap and gtr management are exquisite but without proper diagnosis and occlusal therapy you may not get the response you are looking for. Did you evaluate occlusion? Thanks for sharing with our educational/academic website and members. Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Salama for your valuable input. Of course a phase I treatment of occlusal evaluation and adjustment was done with slight supra-gingival cleaning prior to the surgery was done. I typically splint teeth that are going to withstand perio regeneration however in this case mobility wasn't high and no splinting was done. Will post pre-op and post op shortly! Best Michel

Related Posts

Align / iTero
Dentalxp