Periimplatitis complex case

32 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Anterior/Esthetic

One year ago I asked what would you do to treat this patient. Now, it´s finished so I can show my solution to the case. The problem was two upper canines, implant screwed with extensive PERIIMPLANTITIS. If you see CBCT, you can see a huge bone destruction. What to do?
Also there are gums retractions on first bicuspids and laterals on both sides.
My idea was: not to treat the defect, and try to regenerate in order to insert another implant. I will change neighborhood: replace cuspids by bridges.
Before: ORTHO extrusion, to level gingiva margins, endo all abutments. Explantation WITHOUT flap to do IDR (immediate dentoalveolar reconstruction) Dr. De la Rosa technique, plus CTG. I´ve done another round of CTG later to add more volume. Zirconia bridge to add a nice contour and after 15 months was finalized last week. Patient is happy with the overall improvement. My worry was: is another solution, more easy to enhance and recover all the bone lost, the gingiva retraction and replacing the cuspids? Could not imagine. Thoughts?
Regards, Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Periimplatitis complex case

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Explantation and defect meassurment

Brasseler
NovaBone