pediatric bruxism

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Laila Almousa In Other

in my practice, I've encountered few pediatric cases with sleep bruxism!the patients are around 5 years old! what I know, is that its contraindicated to prescribe nightgaurds for them at this age. Any ideas about this? treatment options? prognosis?
regards
Layla Adnan

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on pediatric bruxism

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Laila, This child is at the cusp of nighttime grinding and hopefully it will stop within the year. There is some good advice from Paul Rubin: http://www.friscokidsdds.com/dental-topics/dental-library/nighttime-teeth-grinding-in-children-bruxism/ And it may well take a biteguard if it continues...I saw that Amazon has a number of biteguards for kids to wear at night. Also the child's pediatritian may want to deal with the cause which is subconscious stress. I have been much more concerned with kids that day grind and have just published an article you may want to read: “The Clinical Management of The Journal of the American June 2017 Co-Author Awake Bruxism” Dental Association

I am truly thankful for your reply Dr. Goldstein. the link was so helpful. unfortunately, i couldn't access your article, but it seems interesting.
thank you
regards,,

Salvin
Dentalxp