Partial PET Technique per Dr. Pohl lecture

184 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ben Lashley In Implants

This 47 yo male patient presented with large apical radiolucency above tooth number 7. Upon examination patient had small lesion present in the buccal mucosa but no pain. During treatment planning it was elected to attempt Partial PET technique as described by Dr Snjezana Pohl durring the Global Dental XP Symposium in Atlanta 2020. Cyst enucleation followed by removal of the bad parts and keeping the good parts of the tooth. Good primary stability of the implant was possible with addition of particulate graft material, collagen membrane and PRF membrane. Pictures included will be in the reply sections from Pre-op through 3 month post op. Patent will be sent back to the referring dentist for final prosthesis. Photos of that will follow. This type of result would have not been possible without the education provided by my association with Dental XP and the Xperts they have aligned themselves with. Thank you! Critique as you like!

Ben

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Partial PET Technique per Dr. Pohl lecture

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

10 day post op

3 month post op

3 month post op

How can you argue about that result? Outstanding my friend. regards Dr. S

Dear Ben,

you made my day! You provided your patient with the best service that we have nowadays. Each step is clean, well planned, and executed.
I would apply esthetic buccal flap instead of the marginal gingiva elevation. In this particular case, thanks to the thick buccal bone plate and single implant site it worked very well with marginal flap elevation, too. Thin buccal bone and/or adjacent sites benefit from the esthetic buccal flap.
Thank you for sharing!
Best regards
Snjezana

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback. Trying every day to get better is the name of the game and having other experienced eyes evaluate is a key component. Thanks again! Ben

Salvin
Omnia