Partial Extraction Therapy case in an aesthetic area

155 Rating(s).

Posted on By Matko Oguic In Implants

Utilising the biology - a partial extraction therapy case
A patient comes in office with a chief complaint of pus and swelling in upper frontal region. After detailed clinical and radiological examination it was obvious that tooth #9 had to be extracted. Apart from the acute symptoms caused by tooth #9, there were some other aesthetic and functional issues to be solved in the same region as shown in the following photos.

Initial situtation

Planning

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Partial Extraction Therapy case in an aesthetic area

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

X-rays

Great case. did you also add bone to right lateral SS GAP?
regards Dr. Salama

Dear dr. Salama, since the gap was really small, I couldn't "push" the bone inside, I just placed a small amount of bone (as much as possible) on the top of the gap and covered it with a "poncho" healing abutment.
Thanks for comment!

Matko, as you know to our knowledge it`s the best treatment plan. I am very, very proud of you.
The left central incisor - it looks like CTG in tunnel technique?
See you tomorrow!

Dear boss :),
thanks for a compliment, most of my treatment planning ideas are learned exactly from you, thank you for that!
It would have been a great idea if I had remembered to place a VIP-CT graft in tunnel tech. to tooth #9 position, but I didn't. I filled it with a-prf membranes only. Eventually I'll have to augment the soft tissue on that position after osseointegration phase.
See you tomorrow!

Thank you

You're welcome. Thanks for a comment!

very nice case. How did you do the black and white picture

Thank you James! Regarding the photos, I edited them in photoshop using a quick select tool and then just by adding a black background.

Omnia
Dentalxp