Parry-Romberg Syndrome

20 Rating(s).

Posted on By Alexander Zubkov In Bone Grafting

Female patient age 43 underwent extractions 20+ years ago, maxillary arch. Presently interested in replacing missing teeth with fixed implant supported prosthetic. Patient also has a very rare disorder characterized by slowly progressive deterioration of the skin and hard and soft tissues on the left side of the face. Questioning if any consequences and or complications may arise after performing maxillary arch augmentation using Khurry technique with bone graft for future implant placement. All opinions and suggestions are needed. Thank you.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Parry-Romberg Syndrome

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Typically, I refer these cases to be treated at a hospital or university based institution. I do not know enough about this syndrome or it's inherent risk to oral surgical procedures. Dr. Salama

Alexander, I completely agree with Dr Salama. This is too risky to be treated in a private office: disease can affect the jaw with hard and soft tissue, patients are often on immunosuppressive therapy, develope trigeminus neuralgy...It is the case for the University.
Warm regards and looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta!!!
Snjezana

PET Kit
Brasseler