Osseodensification in maxillary extraction sites?

132 Rating(s).

Posted on By Wahib Moussa In Implants

Hello All,
Before the introduction of Ossiodensification procedure, I used to apply one of two options in inserting implants in extraction sockets:
1- Socket grafting , membrane and post- pond implant insertion
2- Choose suitable socket, clean it and insert the implant in this extracted socket, with a possibility of using an angled abutment in that location.
Ossiodensification allows us to use the inter-radicular bone, expand it for implant insertion , this provides a central implant, in intact bone with no previous pathology .
Which is usually in good alignment. I have used this technique in favorable occasions and I found it very satisfactory
Thoughts and comments are welcomed.
Wahib Moussa

Ossiodensification using densah bur .
Pre-operative view and CBCT.

Implant inserted .
Auto graft .
Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Osseodensification in maxillary extraction sites?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Nice case management. I prefer to utilize the drills into septal area while the tooth is still present to help stabilize the drills and avoid chatter. How are you finding the dentin grinder and bone? Any follow ups of considerable time. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you in Florida in February. regards Maurice

Dear Dr. Maurice, Thank you very much for your kind comment and response, I definitely agree As regards drilling with the tooth in place, and will apply it in future cases. As for Auto graft from dentin grinding, Aim having positive results so far and I will post when it is ready. Thanks for asking. I will defiantly look forward to see you in Florida. With my best regards. Wahib

Great case !!
Yes, drilling in septum has become much easier for me using these drills. Especially when simultaneously performing crestal sinus lift.

Best regards doc,
Ehab

Dear Dr. Ehab. Thanks a lot for your nice comment, I definitely agree with you regarding drilling in septum using These burs. Best regards. Wahib

I can`t agree more.
Post ex implants in molar sites became much more predictable with OD. And tooth autograft became my favorite augmentation material!
Thank you for sharing your great work!
Best regards
Snjezana

Dear Dr. Snjezana Thank you very much for your positive and great comments, I completely agree with you regarding O.D and Autografting. Thanks again for your kind response, With my best regards. Wahib

PET Kit
BTI